1.a You are over 13 years of age.
1.b Since this website and app is for people over the age of 13, any user content posted or advertisement shown must be appropriate to be viewed by a 13 year old, we expect any user or advertiser to comply to these terms and failure to do so will result in termination to use this service and any costs of subscriptions, advertisement charges or any other monies paid to us deemed forfeited by the culprit.
2. You use our services for your own personal private and non-commercial use unless you are using our author service.
3. You do not under any circumstance copy, display, alter or distribute any part of our service without prior written permission
4. Our main markets are USA and UK and we will conform to their laws if you are accessing us from other locations you should make sure that you do so with compliance to any local law to you.
5. Ownership and Proprietary Rights. This app and website is owned and operated by ReadersGazette
All content, code, interactive features, graphics, design, software, services and any and all other elements of ReadersGazette service that are provided by us ReadersGazette are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws.
6. We do not make claim of ownership to any user submitted material those rights belong to the copyright owner and should only be used by users with the copyright owners permission.
You shall retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to ReadersGazette You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing. You own the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and material you give consent for ReadersGazette to use.
7. Authors retain all rights to their work.
There is no contract between us nor charge for adding their books and using this service.
8. By using ReadersGazette you will agree not to infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
9. You will not use ReadersGazette to slander, defame, cause libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person or business.
10. Termination of service use can include these reasons as well as other reasons pointed out elsewhere or any other reason that could cause ReadersGazette harm :- submitting material that is unlawful,pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, obscene, harmful, hateful, vulgar, defamatory, libellous,slanderous, threatening, harassing, abusive, or claiming to be another person in attempt to steal their identity and rights.
11. While we do monitor the content to our websites we do rely on user interactions to show us where new offending material has just been published and we then take appropriate action to review that material to see if it fails to comply to our rules and any laws.
Any delays by us might occur due to technical difficulties, laws or time differences but we will not tolerate any misuse of our service or any law that we abide to, we will terminate any members use of our service if they are found to be in direct confrontation to our terms.
We remain overall judge and jury and will remove all content that breaches our terms or puts us in a position of harm and we do so with the rights of compensation withdrawn to any offending user, it is up to any paid user to confer with us before posting anything that later causes their termination of service and we will not be held responsible for any lose of earnings they suffer from their actions.
12.a For all paid service that we offer we do so under the direction that payees stick to our terms, there is no compensation due to the fact that they are using our resources that then can not be offered to another or because they have had a shared ownership to and already benefited. Where we publish to social media sites we can not be held responsible for any mishaps or failures they have, all we can do is try to keep the harmony most websites would have with such social media sites. At ReadersGazette we take our business very serious any services we offer we offer in the good faith that we intend to comply, communicate and run that service as best as we are capable of doing. In the event of a mishap occurring which we feel is our fault then we will under discretion offer those affected an extension to that service they have subscribed to.
13. By using ReadersGazette you will also agree not to cause a denial of service or upload adware, worms, viruses, spyware or other malicious code. You will not try to gain access via hacking or password mining and you wont attempt to obtain any materials by any form of misuse, or use any type of misuse to do us harm which could include the use of any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the ReadersGazette Service.
14. The ReadersGazette Service must not be copied or have any framing techniques used to enclose any trademark, logo, or other ReadersGazette Materials without our express written consent.
15. You may only use links to the ReadersGazette service that we provide.
16. You agree not to make any posts that contain unsolicited offers, charity requests, and petitions for signatures, advertisements, proposals, or send junk mail or spam to other Users of the ReadersGazette Service.
17. When you have paid for an advertisement space, the material being advertised must conform to the specific terms of that advertisement any deviation to our terms will result in that advertisement being withdrawn, if we offer special rates for lower priced books then if you slip the book in at a higher price to that agreed we will seek compensation for the difference in advertising and look at the likelihood of terminating your use of our service.
If we offer at any time to promote for free any books you have that are free and it turns out that they were not free for those dates advertised we will again seek to claim back lost advertising revenues from you at our going rates and look at terminating our service to you.
If we offer paid membership offers such as advertising your latest blog post, then that blog must conform to our policies and terms of service such as the need for it to be legally and morally OK for a 13 year old to view that blog. The blog must also be relevant to our site and its membership i.e. about authors and readers and not advertising or being about anything deemed irrelevant by us, if your in doubt that your blog is relevant then it is better you seek advice from us before attempting to us it.
18. You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the ReadersGazette Service or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
19. You agree not to modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based upon the ReadersGazette Service or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
20. Passwords must be kept confidential which includes passwords to any other ways to which we allow you to log into ReadersGazette. You must keep any information that we require up to-date and correct.
21. ReadersGazette has no control over Referral Sites or their content and any dealings you have from any advert or promotion by any advertiser advertising on ReadersGazette is between you and them. YOU AGREE THAT READERSGAZETTE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF ANY SUCH DEALINGS OR AS THE RESULT OF THE PRESENCE OF SUCH ADVERTISERS ON THE READERSGAZETTE SERVICE.
22.a Competitions. Anyone can enter except banned users and authors that have books participating in that competition or anyone else involved in that competition.
22.b The ReadersGazette Great Giveaway will close at midnight of December the 25th 2014 with the hope winners can be drawn and prizes sent first thing in the New Year. The Kindle Fire and Paperwhite can only be sent to the USA or UK, anyone winning this prize outside these countries will be given a gift card equivalent to the USA price at the time of posting. To be eligible to win you must be a subscriber to our Readers Gazette Newsletter.
22.c As mentioned on the competition page, any winner accepting a prize must agree to us using them for publicity, mainly this will be on a winners page, to prove we have winners for each competition we hold. Winners that disagree to this condition will forfeit their prize which will be drawn again, if a lower prize winner then wins that prize their lowest valued prize will be drawn again as a winner can only win one prize per competition.
22.d All winners have up to 10 days to confirm by email, failure to do so will mean they forfeit their prize and that prize will be redrawn at a future date to everyone who had taken part in the original draw. We will send you an email confirming your confirmation, if you do not receive it within a day resend your confirmation again.
If we have not received confirmation within 5 days we will send you an email from a different address but really it is up to you as a subscriber to have already made sure that original email address is recognised by your email system.
22.e Winners Full Names, Email Address and postal address are required to comply to many countries laws for proof of winners but these details will be stored by us for that purpose only, they will not be shared. For publicity purposes we will require a photo of the winner and a real name and a thank you message, for us to display on our website i.e. Joe Blogs wishes to thank everyone for his prize from Readers Gazette, that kind of thing.
22.f To the maximum extent permitted by law, Readers Gazette shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure. Readers Gazette cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by entrants as a result of entering this Promotion or accepting the prizes. Readers Gazette accepts no responsibility for any act or default of any third party supplier which is beyond the promoter`s reasonable control. Readers Gazette is not responsible for lost, damaged or delayed entries/claims as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind that may result in an entry not being registered. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
22.g All winners must be over the age of 13 years, since this website claims it is for use for 13 years and over, anyone under that age should not be using this website but since you can use this website with parental consent anyone under that age who wins must provide a parent or guardians details and their consent to be used for publicity instead, the prize will be awarded to them to do what they see fit to do with it.
23.a ReadersGazette may make changes to or discontinue any of the media, web communities, products, or services available within the ReadersGazette Service at any time, and without notice.
23.b User Disagreements. You alone are responsible for your involvement with other Users. ReadersGazette reserves the right , but has no obligation, to monitor disagreements between you and other Users.
24. You agree that ReadersGazette, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate any User or customer account and may remove and discard all or any part of your account at any time with prior notice and you agree that ReadersGazette shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination.
24.b Any disagreements between ourselves and you, we will do our best to resolve amicably. We will act professionally at all time and expect you to do so also, if you therefore decide to blacken our name via social media in an attempt to bully a solution we will deem this as a violation of our rights and you could be held accountable by law, so please try to keep any dispute professional if ever the need arises.
25. It is ReadersGazette's policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement, ReadersGazette will promptly terminate without notice any User's access to the ReadersGazette Service if that User is determined by ReadersGazette to be a "repeat infringer." A repeat infringer is a User who has been notified by ReadersGazette of infringing activity violations more than twice and/or who has had a User Submission or any other user-submitted content removed from the ReadersGazette Service more than twice.
26. ReadersGazette may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to ReadersGazette's terms and conditions, by email, regular mail or postings on the ReadersGazette Service. Notice will be deemed given twenty-four hours after email is sent, unless ReadersGazette is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to a postal address, if provided by you through the ReadersGazette Service. In such case, notice will be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.
27.Waiver. A provision of these Terms may be waived only by a written instrument executed by the party entitled to the benefit of such provision. The failure of ReadersGazette to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
28. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and ReadersGazette as a result of these Terms or use of the ReadersGazette Service. You further acknowledge that by submitting User Submissions or other Content, no confidential, fiduciary, contractually implied or other relationship is created between you and ReadersGazette other than pursuant to these Terms.
29. With respect to all information or material submitted to ReadersGazette in connection with the Newsletter/Website , you grant ReadersGazette a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, communicate to the public, translate, and distribute such communications worldwide in any form, and by any media or technology now known or later developed. Such licenses shall be royalty free, except as expressly agreed by ReadersGazette and set out in the Website or in the ReadersGazette Newsletters.
30. The services hereunder are offered by ReadersGazette, located at
27 Narrow Lane, Llandudno Junction,North Wales, LL31 9SZ,
Updated: October 30th, 2014.