Maya Erskine, Anna Konkle, and Sam Zvibleman created the cringe-comedy series PEN15, which premiered on Hulu on February 8th. Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone, Becky Sloviter, Marc Provissiero, Brooke Pobby, Debbie Liebling, and Gabe Liedman were all involved in the show’s creation.
There will be a total of fourteen episodes in the second season, which premieres on September 18, 2020. It has been reported that the second season will be the final season of the show.
It has an IMDb score of 8/10, which is the highest possible. The series PEN15 is full of laugh-out-loud funny moments. Discover everything you need to know about PEN15‘s upcoming third season.
Season 3 Of PEN15 Has A Release Date.
So far, the Hulu Network has not announced its plans for “PEN15.” However, based on the previous schedule, PEN15’s third season is planned to premiere on February 14, 2025.
On September 18th, 2020, and again on December 3rd, 2021, the second season of ‘Pen15’ premiered on Hulu in two parts. An animated special shown on August 27, 2021. With the animated special, there will be 15 episodes in all, with each episode spanning 27–38 minutes.
The Plot Of PEN15
From unrequited loves to popularity issues to strained friendships, PEN15 has deftly and successfully tackled a wide range of issues that we all faced as 13-year-olds. With the characters still in 7th grade, there’s likely to be a lot more to cover. By the end of the first part of Season 2, both friends were in serious jeopardy. Dylan Gage’s character in a school play, Gabe, dumped Maya, and she was devastated. As a result of her parent’s divorce, Anna must now choose which of her parents she will live with going forward.
For the second half of Season 2, the characters of Erskine and Konkle spoke to Harper’s Bazaar, suggesting that they will face new challenges. ‘They’re going through a new cycle of firsts,’ said Konkle. Firsts abound throughout the first season. This seven-episode run is the recompense for all of the pioneering efforts over the years. Because they’re asking themselves, “Who am I?” How do I know what this is? This feels like adolescence to me. Am I a child, or am I an adult?’ After that, it’s like, “OK, I’m a teenager.” Here are a few of my earliest memories. “‘I can handle anything now.'”
Season 3 appears to feature “blowbacks” of these forthcoming events, based on the upcoming episodes’ new experiences. In addition, the show’s storyline is likely to wrap up in 7th grade soon, so the third season may change the show’s plot to the next grade level. It’s safe to say that whatever happens with PEN15 will be just as awkward, entertaining, and touching as everything else we’ve seen so far.
Season 3 Cast of PEN15:
The PEN15 Season 3 cast is likely to be announced soon.
- Maya Erskine in the role of Maya Ishii-Peters
- Anna Konkle in the role of Anna Kone
- Yuki Ishii-Peters is played by Mutsuko Erskine.
- Fred Peters is played by Richard Karn.
- Curtis Kone is played by Taylor Nichols.
- Kathy Kone is played by Melora Walters.
- Taj Cross in the role of Sam Zablowski
- Shuji Ishii-Peters is played by Dallas Liu.
- Gabe Leib is played by Dylan Gage.
- Becca is played by Sami Rappoport.
- Heather Taylor is played by Anna Pniowsky.
- Mr. O is played by Brandon Keener.
- Evan is played by Allies Barnes.
- Terra New back is played by Marion Van Cuyck.
- Brendan Toller is played by Brady Allen.
- Ms. Bell is played by Jill Basey.
- Alex is played by Lincoln Jolly.
- Ian Walsh is played by Ivan Mallon.
- Hannah Mae in the role of Connie M.
- Jaffer is played by Tony Espinosa.
- Jessica Abrams is played by Jessica Pressley.
- Albert is played by David Bowe.
- Jan is played by Diane Delano.
- Dustin is played by Isaac Edwards.
- Suze is played by Jennifer Steadman.
- Jenna is played by Carmina Garay.
- Ben Field is played by Brekkan Spens.
- Mrs. Tooler is played by Bernadette Guckin.
- Mr. Wyzell is played by Tim Russ.
- Brandt is played by Jonah Beres.
- Skyler is played by Nathaniel Matulessya.
- Stevie is played by Katie Silverman.
Recap of the Pen15 Animated Episode:
Pen15 plans to release a new animated episode based on the same concept. What has changed is that the animated special Jacuzzi may have been the best episode yet for the series.
Astonishingly, Jacuzzi outperforms every other model. Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle take a trip to Florida with Anna’s recently divorced father for a playful Christmas episode. This group meets up with some dudes, indulges in a few beers, and then gets into mischief. Everything that happens in the real world isn’t significant, but the way it’s viewed might make it appear like it is.
It’s hard not to be reminded of MTV’s Liquid Television from the 1990s when watching Pen15, which is set 20 years in the past.
The animated Jacuzzi also hides the show’s central conceit, which is that adult women enjoy playing with children. It’s no longer necessary for Erskine and Konkle to look and act younger, and conversing with 13-year-old boys is no longer an awkward experience for them. Maya and Erskine are identical to everyone else when animated. A nice place to start if you’ve had a hard time with the age gap between the actor and the part in this episode.
Season 3 Trailer For PEN15:
PEN15 Season 3’s official trailer has yet to be released. The third season of the PEN15 series is expected to be released soon.
The PEN15 season 2 trailer may be found here. Released on Hulu on November 3rd, 2020. It’s available to watch here.